Tuesday 2 November 2010

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling" Mokpo, South Korea edition

I begged Travis to do couples costumes this year, but I also wanted our costumes to relate to Korea. We decided to be a bottle of soju, its the Korean equivalent of vodka, and a chicken. Korean men love to eat chicken and throw back some soju or beer. I glued approximately 1,000 (Travis says he doesn't think its quite that many, but this is my blog!) feathers to a white tank, wore orange leggings, made a crest?, and glued a beak to some green glasses. What is a Korean anything without some fake glasses with no lenses for fashion purposes only. Travis painted two cardboard boxes and tied them together. He got way more compliments, and I wasn't jealous at all!
We went out with our friends Carla and Joe. The bar was too too crowded, so we hung out and had a few beers outside a convenience store. This is both legal and socially acceptable. I shared some beer with a few older Korean men, who let me borrow their bottle opener. You must return the favor! Also, some snacks with our taxi driver. Travis had made cookies for the bake sale, and the taxi driver did not like them. The cookies were quite delic, good job Betty Crocker :)

Even if your Halloween wasn't covered in feathers and random Korean encounters, I hope it was simply fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment